Broadcast pioneers who were a part of the on-air and the behind-the-scenes history of WVEC TV will join producer Greg Brauer, son of co-founder Harrol A. Brauer, Jr. to share the memories about their early days of television in our area.
Rick Clark who amused children as “Sandy the Clown” and gave many chills as “Keeper of the Chamber;” Mike Babcock who served as a cameraman and later went on to become a program director, including for “Bungles the Clown;” and engineer Don Sherouse, from Hampton’s own television station, which first went on the air on September 19, 1953.
Our guests will tell their stories that will be videotaped for the museum’s Oral History collection. After they have spoken, we invite the audience to ask questions and share memories of WVEC and its programming.
This event is free and open to the public. The Hampton History Museum is located at 120 Old Hampton Lane in Downtown Hampton. There is plenty of free parking in the garage across the street from the museum. For more information, call 757-727-1610.